Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jumping Into the Deep End


If I had to explain how I feel right now about our upcoming move to Cambodia, I would use the following analogy.




I feel like a kid who has had a couple of swimming lessons. He can somewhat hold his own in the shallow end of the pool. And then, his dad takes him by the hand and begins to lead him to the high dive. "Son," the dad says, "I want you to jump of this high dive into this water that is 20 feet deep. Don't worry- you've been practicing for this, and if anything goes wrong, I'll be there to help you."




God has taken me by the hand and is leading my family and me to what seems like the "deep end." I'm nervous. I question whether I am ready for this. At times, I doubt myself. But I am reminded of Psalm 107:23-30: "They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; these see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep." This verse and the verses following teach me that it is in the deep waters of life that we see the Lord do the greatest works; and it is in the deep waters of life that we truly see His hand of providence and provision.




I do have reason to be nervous if our mission is dependent upon my strength and ability. But I have the confidence to jump into these deep waters because I know that God has led me to this "high dive", that He has prepared me for this "jump", and He will be there to help me when I feel like I'm about to "go under."

No comments:

Post a Comment