Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Killing Tree, Living Tree





In the fields of Choeng Ek, Cambodia, just a few miles outside Phnom Penh, stands a tree- probably more than one, but this one is forever embedded in my memory- that was used for something for which it was never created. From 1975-1979, because the Khmer Rouge did not want to waste their valuable ammunition on small children, this tree was used as a "killing tree."
The soldiers would grasp these babies whose parents had been executed in a nearby death prison and would beat them against the tree until they were dead. They would then toss the bodies into mass graves, often times filling the grave with thirty to forty little bodies.
Many Cambodians know about this tree. This tree represents brutality, hatred, sin, and death. But God has called us to tell the Cambodians of another tree- a "living tree"- that represents the love of God toward all of us. Yes, this tree was used to bring about an agonizing death to the One Who was nailed to it; but it has brought light and life to untold millions of people around the world.
Please pray for us as we tell them of this "living tree", for it is their only hope of salvation.
Also, check this out...
2009 Expository Bible Teaching and Preaching Conference
August 20-21, 2009
Vision Baptist Church
Thursday August 20th
12:30 Lunch served at Vision
2-5 pm I John with Bob Dalton
5:30 Dinner
7-8 I John with Bob Dalton8-9 II John and III John with Nathan Deatrick
Friday August 21st
8-10 II Peter with Nathan Deatrick10-12 Jude with Bob Dalton
12 Lunch is served
We will be glad to get housing for those that are coming in from out of town. I hope you will make plans to be with us!














1 comment:

  1. Bro. Chad and Mrs. Linda, I just want y'all to know that I am praying for y'all! Thank you for being such a great example in our church and to me specifically. It makes it a little easier to do what I know God wants me to do when others have done it before me. Thank you for your love for the Lord and your fervor to serve Him! I'm pryaing for y'all!

    Rachel Sewell

    ReplyDelete