Now that our Bible college days are over, and there is no one to ask, "Did you do your devotions today?", it is vital that we keep our focus on what God has called us to do. Below are the elements of my life that I am asking the Lord to help me stay focused upon:
1. My walk with Christ- without this, going to Cambodia is futile. After taking Homeletics, Eschatology, Ecclesiology, Theology, Harmotiology, Anthropology, and Greek in Bible college, I have learned something that is far more important than anything I gleaned from these subjects: if I don't walk with God, nobody is going to do it for me.
***This first focus is directly linked with a passion for souls. When I am walking with Christ, a fruit of that relationship is a passion for the lost and hurting. But, when sin hinders my relationship with Christ, that passion really cools down. "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."
2. My walk with Linda. I have learned that if I am not right with Linda, I am just not right. God, help me to be the husband that you have called me to be.
3. My walk with my children. I have been taught that it is never too early to start building a close relationship with your children. God, I cannot in my flesh meet all the requirements that are involved with being a father. Give me the wisdom, discernment, love, patience, and character to be the father that You have called me to be.
4. My walk with my family. I praise the Lord for my parents and my sister with whom we are living right now. I also praise the Lord for Linda's family. Lord, help me to be the son, son-in-law, grandson, nephew, cousin, and brother that you desire for me to be.
5. My focus on the field. This involves deputation, of course, but more importantly for me is the keeping of the commitment I have made to the Lord to GO! And while I am preparing to GO, I am asking the Lord to help me be a light in Loganville, Georia. I praise the Lord to witness to several people over the past few weeks. "The light that doesn't shine in the America won't shine in Cambodia."
There are probably other things I need to mention, but those are the "Big 5" in my life right now. Lord, please help me in these things.