Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Blessing of a Faithful Pastor

My wife and I were looking through some pictures from the past year, when I came across this picture from my ordination service. This is my pastor, Derik Lawrence, doing what he has done countless times in my life- giving me words of wisdom and praying with me. This picture captures the influence that Pastor Lawrence has had on my life. He was my youth pastor throughout my middle and high school years. During that time of my life, God used Pastor Lawrence to instill principles from the Word of God into my heart that have never departed from me. He modeled faithfulness, joy in the ministry, biblical preaching, and a genuine heart for God. And he is still modeling those things today. Today, most of those who grew up in Pastor Lawrence's youth ministry are still faithfully serving the Lord. I will never forget Pastor Lawrence's influence in my life, and I will continue to cherish the influence that he has on my life to this day as my pastor. I love you, Pastor Lawrence!

1 comment: