Monday, August 23, 2010

Walk in Love

Ephesians 5:2- And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor."

Here we are given a very simple command: to walk in love. The love to which this command is referring is the same love found in 1 Corinthians 13, and the same love that is mentioned in Galatians 5:22. It truly is a simple command; and yet, it is a widely unheeded command.

The word "walk" is in reference to our way of life. This verse is not teaching us that there should be certain times when we love; the verse is teaching us that our very lives should be characterized by Christ-like love. I feel like I have achieved monumental spiritual victory when I have lived ten percent of my day in the love of Christ. But I am still missing the point of this commandment by ninety percent! God wants me to "walk in love."

No comments:

Post a Comment